Ooh La La Dance Extravaganza
Due to the current COVID-19 situation we have postponed most of our NSW competitions until further notice from the government.
We have created an online competition so kids (and parents) can have some fun and still receive great critiques & prizes for those who place in the competition.
Our plan is to keep the kids happy and motivated, keep our suppliers, dance teachers and our adjudicators in work and help the industry survive through these tough times.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Anyone living in Australia
All acts that place 1st, 2nd and 3rd in solos, duos, or groups qualify for SHOWCASE Nationals in January 2022 on the Gold Coast. Student Choreography and Variety are "not" a qualifying section.
DANCER OF THE YEAR (DOTY): Performers must enter our DOTY section (any genre can be performed). The top 3 acts for 10u (Junior), 12u (Pre teen) 14u (Teen) & 15o (Senior) will qualify. Age as of 31/12/21. MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6 ENTRIES IN EACH AGE TO HOLD THIS SECTION.
4 X $100 SHOWCASE GIFT VOUCHERS TO BE WON AT EACH COMPETITION
ALL QUALIFYING ACTS PERFORM AT THE NATIONALS ON THE GOLD COAST. Over $180,00 cash and prizes to be won.
For more information please see Showcase's website
- PROFESSIONAL VIDEO – Video recorded at any competition within the last 12 months
- HOME VIDEO– Your own video filmed in backyard, studio, home, park etc
- WE ENCOURAGE COMPETITORS TO SUBMIT HOME VIDEOS
- These may be combined if we don't receive enough entries for both Home & Pro Video
- JAZZ - Including commercial Jazz
- TAP - All styles
- GROUPS - Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Classical Ballet & Variety (all other genres) High Schools & Primary Schools (combined genres)
- CLASSICAL BALLET - Including Demi Character & Neo Classical
- MUSICAL THEATRE/BROADWAY
- HIP HOP
- STUDENT CHOREOGRAPHY
- DUOS/TRIOS - all genres
- Multiple entries are allowed
- Age as of the 1/1/21
- 6/u, 8/u, 10/u, 12/u, 14/u & 16U & OVER
- Approx 2.5min Solos & Duos. Groups approx 4 mins.
- No editing, must be the entire performances from the start to the finish.
- SOLO ENTRY FEE - $21.00
- DUOS/TRIOS - $28.00/$38.00
- GROUPS - $25.00 - EDUCATIONAL SCHOOLS WELCOME
- SHOWCASE DOTY - $30.00 (no places given for this section. This section is a qualifying section only)
- TRANSFERS ARE WELCOME FROM OUR LIVE EVENTS
- Only competitors that place will have the choice to receive awards.
- Once the adjudicators have announced the winners, each competitor will BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A POSTAGE FORM & PAY FOR POSTAGE.
- Medals for all places for SOLOS, DUO'S & TRIO'S
- Ribbons (only) for Highly Commended and Super Stars awards
- 1 X Medal and ribbons for Groups
- Showcase qualifiers (1st - 3rd will receive certificates if the postage form and postage paid)
- 4 X $100 SHOWCASE GIFT VOUCHERS (selected by the adjudicators)
- No participation awards for this online competition.
- Date to be announced. The adjudicators will go live on Facebook with the awards for each section. (Date and time tbc). After adjudication, awards will be posted & qualifying certificates will be sent (competitors must complete a postage form after adjudication to receive awards).
- CLICK ON THE BUTTONS BELOW TO ENTER.
- Please fill out the official entry form and ensure all details are correct.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Once your payment has been processed (please allow 48 hours) you will be sent a link to upload your video to a dropbox folder.
- The adjudicator will then critique your entry. We we will send you a copy of the critique via email.
- On the set date, the adjudicators will live stream the awards via our Facebook.
- Prizes will then be posted (only if you place and submit postage form and pay for postage by the 13th November) NO AWARDS WILL BE POSTED AFTER THE 13TH NOVEMBER. FORMS WILL BE DISABLED AT 5PM 13TH NOVEMBER.
- Please email [email protected]
STOP AND READ!!!
THE BELOW FORMS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED AND POSTAGE PAID AFTER THE LIVE ADJUDICATION.
FORMS & PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 13TH NOVEMBER 2021
PLEASE DON'T SUBMIT THE BELOW FORMS WITH